A blog about all the subjects life encompasses.

Pages

Monday, July 7, 2014

Beauty is a State of Mind


I’m first and foremost not going to sit behind my computer screen and act like I dress up all the time and don’t think twice about it. I’d like to think that and let everyone believe it but it’s a lie. It’s a huge thing I’d like to change about myself, because I normally do feel my best when I’m all dolled up and I think a lot of people can agree with that. That being said, I’m the most indecisive person you’ll ever meet and when you throw an outfit into the mix, chaos.

But some days (many many days), I’m perfectly fine with throwing on a tshirt and Nike shorts and walking out the door without a comb ran through my hair or an ounce of makeup brushed on my face. And at the end of the day I’m normally mad at myself for not trying harder to look presentable; normally because everyone at school or when I’m out and about decided it was National Dress Up Day and I obviously didn’t get the memo.

On a rare occasion though, I’ll come home and feel completely content with myself. Or catch a glance of myself in the car mirror and just sorta smile. Not because I think I look pretty or I’m having a good hair day, but I feel beautiful.

I think it’s important to see yourself in the mirror, realize you’re not perfect and be okay with the eyes looking back at you. It’s much more worthwhile to like the you without all the bells and whistles, the bows and pearls.  
xoxo, Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC