A blog about all the subjects life encompasses.

Pages

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Introduction to me


In a weird way I’ve been writing my whole life. When I was a younger I made up countless stories and had a limitless imagination; but what little girl doesn’t. I wasn’t afraid to tell anyone that either, I took pride in the tall tales I could bring myself to tell. As the years went on, I focused more on putting my thoughts down onto paper. Only this time, my ideas were far less original and I suffered from a bad case of writer’s block. After I actually started putting pressure on myself to write something, the thoughts got few and far between. I think a lot of people go through this, no matter what age you are. Once something ceases to be effortless, you realize how much work something can take. So I put that aside (like the quitter I am) and didn’t think anything about it for a couple years.

While becoming more of a teenager, I became an avid people watcher. Not the typical mean girl that judges the types of shoes a girl has, or the way someone’s hair looks. But the kind that sees a complete stranger and tries to imagine how their everyday life is laid out. I imagine their struggles at home, what might they do on a Friday night, or maybe their favorite movies. I’m not a stalker by no means and don’t follow up on anyone or anything. But stepping into another human being’s shoes for just an instant can become quite the learning experience. In reality I’m probably completely wrong with 95% of my assumptions but who cares.

I’m fascinated with the way people live because no two people are alike. Or maybe because I like stepping into a more extravagant lifestyle or less fortunate. Everyone can learn from mistakes they make themselves, or the ones they only observe. The cool thing is: no one’s perfect.

Sometimes I wonder what people think of me when they see me out and about; are there other people who come up with situations with a mere profile like I do? Regardless of what they think I know this to be true: I’m a wishy-washy, indecisive girl that changes her mind more than she changes her earrings. My life is weird but overall I’m blessed. I have an amazing boyfriend, an outstanding family and an almighty God.

 xoxo, Erin
 
P.S.
ya know when a parent might say "She's more scared of you than you are of them!!" when you're obviously scared of like a bee or a snake; well that pretty much sums up how terrified I am right now. (bear with me)

No comments:

Post a Comment

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC